The St. James Hotel is an iconic, boutique hotel providing modern conveniences, yet steeped in rich history and Victorian charm. The hotel, located in Red Wing, Minnesota, offers luxurious amenities and culinary delights delivered by remarkable hospitality professionals.
The Marketing & Social Media Coordinator is a key position in the sales department responsible to assist with the marketing of the St. James Hotel including all Food & Beverage outlets. The position assists in writing, design, production, distribution of internal and external communications, and marketing materials (including client e-newsletters, marketing material, advertisement, web, social media, magazine, menus etc.).
This role also will maintain, organize and assist the St. James’ sales team with marketing resources, such as images, collateral, and presentations, planning and executing industry tradeshows, and social media and website content update and improvement.
- Assist in the development, creation, and execution of marketing and advertising campaigns and calendars, hotel events, and a social media plan.
- Develop creative media content across major social media channels.
- Manage social media accounts by drafting copy, scheduling, monitoring, and tracking traffic.
- Maintain and improve content of St. James website with up-to-date information.
- Update marketing and informational/promotional materials and signage, as well as display cases around the hotel.
- Monitor and respond to online reviews, reports to appropriate department.
- Develop, write, and communicate events, email marketing, updates, changes, etc.
- Support the Food & Beverage department with all changes related to menus, restaurant hours of operation, etc.
Bachelor’s degree in Communications or Media Management, or a related business field with a minimum of one year of demonstrated work experience with social media success.
Candidates should have demonstrated experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud; WordPress; Simple HTML; Social media and community management platforms; Digital marketing (SEO, paid, and email marketing).
Candidates must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with emphasis on grammatical, editing, and proofreading skills; Self-starter work ethic who can make creative suggestions in partnership with Sales initiatives and direction; Excellent interpersonal skills in a cross-functional work environement; Proficiency with Microsoft programs.
This role is identified as Hyflex (onsite and remote work).
We Offer a Laundry List of Great Perks:
- Competitive earning opportunities, based upon experience
- Complimentary employee meals on every shift
- Free uniforms (including free uniform laundry)
- Dining discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
St. James Hotel will not be using recruitment agencies or firms to fill this position and we will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No agency calls please.
St. James Hotel. is a drug-free workplace.
St. James Hotel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in completing an application may contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-388-8211.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
Looking for marketing or sales training? DCTC offers courses for today’s job market: click here.