Community Education Marketing Specialist – Hastings, Minnesota
Click Here to Apply Online
Category: Community Education
Date Posted: 2/10/2022
Location: Tilden Community Center
Part-time 12 months per year, 1040 hours per year
Under the direction of the Director of Community Education, the Marketing Specialist creates and oversees the marketing and communications plan for the Community Education department. Duties include management and design of related websites, social media platforms, email marketing, flyers, catalogs and newsletters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Develops and facilities a coordinated Community Education marketing plan:
Coordinates with Community Education staff to provide centralized marketing of all Community Education programs and events.
Designs and lays out all Community Education promotional materials (school brochures/catalogs, community education catalogs, early childhood catalogs, newsletters and electronic communication).
Guides the department through target marketing strategies and assists with implementing those strategies. Provides photography or videography services for events or activities.
Manages the Hastings Community Education website, Facebook; Constant Contact and other social media sites as appropriate.
Provides regular data checks on website content, refreshing content when needed.
Establishes relationships with various department programs to develop a strong working knowledge of programs, events, timelines, and marketing needs. Assists with gathering and providing information for data requests.
Manages the printing and mailing of the Community Education catalogs.
Manages the District’s Friday Folder Flyer Distribution approval process.
Performs other duties of a comparable level or type, as required
Attends training sessions, conferences, seminars, district and departmental meetings.
Assists Director with special projects or activities as delegated.
Keeps abreast of changing developments or trends pertaining to areas of marketing.
Major field of study or degree emphasis:
Graphic design, communications or related area.
- Essential knowledge and specialized subject knowledge required to perform the essential functions of the job:
Concepts, principles and philosophy of lifelong learning, public education, and relationship of community education to K -12 programming.
- Fundamentals of public relations theories and techniques in promoting, advertising, social media and/or informing the public of programs, services, courses or other events/projects.
- Ability to design a variety of publications using graphic design and desktop publishing software including Adobe Creative Suite; general knowledge of Publisher and other design studio applications.
- Ability to write and edit communication pieces to target audiences.
- Ability to use web content management systems.
- Ability to take and edit high quality digital photos.
- Knowledge of community resources and community organizations within the community.
- General knowledge of district administrative policies and procedures pertinent to the activities and programs of Community Education.
Compensation: $23.22 per hour
For training in Marketing and Sales, Click Here for Courses at DCTC