King and Companies, Inc. is seeking a communications assistant; the position can be used as an internship for DCTC Marketing Program students, which could move into a permanent, part-time job.
The organization is an Independent Insurance Agency, founded in 2002, and which is a minority-owned women business. Its mission is “Providing the Human Touch to Insurance and Financial Services” through innovation and client satisfaction while providing high-quality products with integrity.
Position Title: Communication Assistant
Hours: 10 per week
- Help organization communicate with existing clients better via newsletters, social media, web calendar updates, press releases on sessions, etc.
- Newsletters: Provide the information to include certain topics or announcements in organization’s newsletter. Communication Assistant would interview each staff person to create content.
- Social Media: Use Hootsuite, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter to post content.
- Web Calendar: Facilitate the HR Roundtable monthly events and other events to be listed on organization’s website, newsletter, and social media.
- Press Releases: Create press releases for media.
This person would have to be outgoing and able to communicate well, plus detail-oriented and proficient in Microsoft Office products and also the use of Sales-Force.
Organization is growing and has a staff of six with some staff working remotely.
Contact Information: Sandra Schlaefer, RHU, ChHC, 150 E Travelers Trail, Suite C, Burnsville, MN 55337
For more information on DCTC’s Marketing Program options, Click Here.