Target Purpose and Careers
That’s our purpose. Our mission. The promise of surprises, fun, ease and inspiration at every turn, no matter when, where or how you shop.
That quest to bring joy is at the center of every business decision we make. It gets our teams excited to come to work each day. And we bring it to life in so many ways.
- Target is a general merchandise retailer with stores in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia.
- 75% of the U.S. population lives within 10 miles of a Target store. locations
- We employ 350,000+ team members
- Our tagline is “Expect More. Pay Less.” We’ve been using it since 1994!
- Target’s CEO since August 2014 is Brian Cornell. leadership
- The Target Corporation also owns Shipt, Roundel, Grand Junction and DermStore. More to love!
- Target is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, its hometown since the first Target store opened in 1962 under The Dayton Company. history
Find out more about career positions available at Target by clicking here.