JOB TITLE: #1074 Sales Assistant I
OPEN TO: This job is open to all applicants.
LOCATION: Minnesota History Center, 345 Kellogg Boulevard W, St Paul, MN 55102-1906
SALARY: $14.07 hourly minimum
STATUS & HOURS: Part-time, regular (780 annual hours) position.
CLASSIFICATION: 55L Service
HIRING MANAGER: Retail Operations & Services Manager
POSTING DATE: October 19, 2017
DEADLINE DATE: November 2, 2017
TO APPLY: Interested applicants must apply online at the Minnesota Historical Society’s career center at www.mnhs.org/jobs and include a resume and cover letter by the application deadline date.
DESCRIPTION: The Minnesota Historical Society (MNHS) seeks applicants for a Sales Assistant I to provide excellent customer service by assisting and advising History Center visitors with their product selections in the museum stores and to sell MNHS memberships.
SUMMARY OF WORK: 1) assist and advise museum store customers in a courteous, efficient and attentive manner in their purchase of books, gifts, and other store products as well as MNHS memberships while providing excellent customer service based on set customer service standards; 2) accurately and effectively operate the POS system; 3) maintain inventory levels in the stores; and 4) work with Retail Operations & Services Manager in the merchandising of the store to assure attractive displays and profitable sales as well as keeping displays clean.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Specialty store sales experience.
- Experience stocking and displaying merchandise.
- Good verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be courteous when relating to the public.
- Ability to learn a Point of Sales (POS) system and retail software.
- Ability to maintain a neat and appropriate appearance.
- Basic accounting and math skills.
- Availability and willingness to work Tuesday through Sunday including occasional evenings and holidays.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and customer service skills.
- Positive public appearance and attitude.
- Experience operating a Point of Sales (POS) system.
- Knowledge of Minnesota history.
- Knowledge of Minnesota Historical Society programs and services.
Should you have questions with the application process, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call MNHS Job Line at 651-259-3181. Applicants offered employment are subject to passing a background check as a condition of employment. EEO