The Minnesota Zoo’s marketing/sales department is responsible for working with all areas of the Zoo, media, corporate and community partners to increase public awareness, promote programs and special events, and coordinate corporate and social events.
Year-Round Internship Opportunities:
Approximately 10 -14 weeks; minimum of 20 hours per week; weekdays with some evening and weekend work required.
The marketing/sales department is very diverse and fast-paced. This is a hands-on, unpaid internship position that includes but is not limited to:
- Writing news releases, public service announcements, and other media-related assignments, including on-site media assistance, and organizing media hits
- Coordinating corporate events – including meetings and/or scavenger hunt.
- Assisting with on and offsite marketing jobs/events, including trade shows, promotional and special events and street marketing
- Researching and writing copy for the Minnesota Zoo website
- Assisting with social and corporate evening events – pre-planning logistics, participate in on-site event coordination, interact with clients, work with event planning software and coordinate with catering staff
- Assisting with social media and bloggin
- Updating databases, including adding groups, researching and entering new prospect
- Birthday party coordination – help with pre-planning logistics and interact with clients and participate in on-site event coordinatio
- Conduct guest survey
- Update promotional materials
- General office duties as assigned
MUST be proficient in Microsoft Office.
To be considered for an interview, please include the following:
- Cover letter that answers the following questions:
- 2 -3 writing samples
- What are your career goals and how would this internship help achieve them?
- What do you hope to gain from this internship?
- What kind of coursework and/or experience do you have that would make you a valuable Zoo marketing/sales intern?
For more information, please contact:
Internship Coordinator Jill Wallin, Human Resources
13000 Zoo Boulevard, Apple Valley, MN 55124
Toll-free: 800.366.7811 ext. 219