Health and Medical Resources in ELM
A thorough overview of the Consumer Health Complete medical resource including key features such as accessing Evidence-Based Reports, reference book content, medical images, animations and video as well as searching a variety of health topics. An overview of additional medical databases Alt HealthWatch, Health Source: Consumer Edition, and Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition will also be covered.
- Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 9:30 AM – 10:30 AM Register
- Wednesday, February 3, 2010, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM Register
Britannica for Academic Libraries
This session will cover navigation of the Britannica Online Academic Edition. This includes features such as the World Data Analyst, Research Tools, Multimedia, and Variety of Sources.
- Tuesday, January 19, 2010, 11:15 AM – 12:00 PM Register
- Friday, January 22, 2010, 11:15 AM – 12:00 PM Register
Locating Consumer Information in ELM
This session will highlight ways to find consumer information in the ELM databases. From a comparative film review to a favorable book review to a product review for anything from cameras to vacuums to automobiles, Minitex Reference Services staff will focus on specific ELM databases and show you how to limit your search to retrieve the consumer-related information you and your patrons are seeking.
- Thursday, January 21, 2010, 11:15 AM – 12:00 PM Register
- Friday, January 29, 2010, 9:15 AM – 10:00 AM Register
Points of View Reference Center
A detailed overview of an online tool (Points of View Reference Center) to assist researchers in understanding the full scope of a wide range of controversial subjects and evaluate the issues of yesterday, today and tomorrow. This session will include reviewing key essays (Overview, Point, Counterpoint and Guide to Critical Analysis) on a variety of topics. Advanced searching techniques using lexiles, limiters and source types will also be covered.
- Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 11:30 AM – 12:15 PM Register
Science Resources in ELM
This session will take a look Gale’s General Science Collection and EBSCO’s Science Reference Center. Specifically at the broad spectrum of reference information from the areas of life sciences, physical sciences and earth & space sciences, including scientist and mathematician biographies, science videos and science experiments contained in Science Reference Center.
- Thursday, February 04, 2010, 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM Register
- Tuesday, February 16, 2010, 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM Register
Art Resources in ELM
Did you know that you can access art images, artist biographies, art history and movements, and more art-related content in the ELM databases? This webinar will highlight the CAMIO (Catalog of Art Museum Images Online) database and will also feature searching for art-related content in OAIster, Britannica, the Discovering Collection, and MasterFILE Premier.
- Thursday, February 11, 2010, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Register
- Thursday, February 18, 2010, 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM Register
To learn more about these and other resources, register for a training session or just ask a librarian!