October is National Cybersecurity Awareness Month (NCSAM)! Help spread cybersecurity awareness and encourage everyone to own their role in protecting Internet-connected devices.
What can you do to help?
- Keep software up to date
- Consider what personal information you share online
- Use multi-factor authentication when offered
- Set long, different passwords with multiple types of characters for each account
- Use a password manager to help you remember complicated passwords
- Avoid using free, unsecured wi-fi, especially for sensitive activities like banking
- Always assume someone has seen your posts, even if you delete them (act like there is no delete button)
Want to know more? The Library has a great book titled “Cybersecurity and Cyberwar“, both in print and online. Check it out today! We also have numerous online resources to research cybersecurity; search the catalog here. You can also visit cisa.gov/ncsam for more information.