Classes start Monday, January 11 • Access Virtual Student Resources online
Spring semester 2021 has begun at Dakota County Technical College. Faculty and staff are excited to greet students as they start or resume their coursework in the new year.
“We extend a warm DCTC welcome to all our students taking classes this spring,” said Anne Johnson, the college’s vice president of student affairs. “Our dedicated faculty and staff are here to support you in reaching your educational and career goals. We have an abundance of support services available to help navigate challenges you may face while in college.”
Vice President Johnson invited students with questions to reach out to faculty and/or staff members throughout their time at DCTC.
“We are here to help,” she said. “Wishing you much success on your educational journey!”
Virtual Ready, Set, Go!
Breakout sessions available online
DCTC held a Virtual Ready, Set, Go! Wednesday, January 6, 2021. The event offered a variety of breakout sessions online.
“Ready, Set, Go! is an event to welcome students to DCTC and help them get prepared and organized for the new semester,” said Anna Voight, associate director of student life. “The breakout sessions were recorded and are available online for those who could not attend the session live.”
Ready, Set, Go! recorded sessions:
How to navigate DCTC virtually
- Learn about campus resources/services and how to access them virtually!
- View How to Navigate DCTC Virtually Recording
Online Tools 101
- This session provides an overview of the online tools you will use as a student, including:
- D2L Brightspace
- Office 365
- View Online Tools 101 recording
- View D2L Brightspace video
- Learn tips and tricks to create strong study skills when taking fully online classes. Topics include:
- Creating a healthy work space
- Building your academic focus
- How to talk with people in your home about respecting your class time
- Learning active study skills to increase retention
- View Study Skills recording
Panel/Q & A session with students, staff and faculty
- Hear advice from students, staff and faculty about being a successful student and navigating DCTC virtually
- View video of fall 2020 recorded session
Students who attended Ready, Set, Go!
Commend DCTC staff for their outstanding service
— New student applauding DCTC Bookstore staff member for helping her get all the textbooks she needed
“DCTC is like one big family. I will stay connected to DCTC and the people here long after I graduate. Everyone cares about you and will do whatever they can to help. All you need to do is ask questions and they will do the rest.”
— Returning student who also praised the one-on-one support provided by TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) while noting how getting involved in student clubs and organizations helps students meet more people who can share and support their academic journeys
“Amy is encouraging and always motivates me to do better.”
— Returning student reports how Amy Evanson, administrative technology faculty, became her favorite instructor
More virtual information…
Advising & Registration Virtual Walk-Ins
- Monday – Friday • 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Access via Zoom
- For assistance outside these hours > Email: email@example.com
Financial Aid Virtual Walk-Ins
- Monday – Friday • 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Access via Zoom
- For assistance outside these hours > Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about Virtual Student Resources at DCTC by contacting:
Associate Director of Student Life