DCTC welcomes incoming students via NC3 event
Dakota County Technical College held a National CTE Letter of Intent Signing Day Thursday, February 21, 2019, on the college’s main campus in Rosemount, Minnesota. The National Coalition of Certification Centers (NC3) event featured DCTC students enrolling for the 2019–2020 school year. The students participated in a signing ceremony similar to an athletic signing. The event was live streamed on Skype.
New DCTC students at National CTE Letter of Intent Signing Day
- Rebecca Nicholson
- Cassy Kubal
- Veronica Jahnke
- Paul Schulz
- John Schrock
- Ryan Berndt
- Lucas Sheller
National CTE Letter of Intent Signing Day gallery
New Student Spotlight: Cassy Kubal
Originally from Faribault, Minnesota, Cassy Kubal, 18, signed her National CTE Letter of Intent to enroll in the DCTC Veterinary Technician program for fall semester 2019 to earn her Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree.
Cassy is a senior at Faribault High School and will graduate this May. She works 25 hours a week at CNS Vending in Faribault while going to school. She is also a member of the 1st United Bank Junior Board of Directors. She is looking forward to starting a career as a vet tech when she graduates from DCTC in fall 2021.
“I grew up around animals and I’ve always loved them,” Cassy said.
She has two miniature horses named Willow and Winchester, one longhair cat named Porky, one German shepherd/German shorthair/golden lab mix named Daisy (who is very smart), and one beta fish named Gerald.
When she’s not studying and working, Cassy loves to be outdoors. She hunts deer, pheasant, quail, wild turkey and black bear. She also fishes for walleye, northern pike and crappie. She has one sister, Ariel, 19.
Cassy Kubal • 12 Answers
- Favorite sport or physical activity: Hunting
- Place you would most like to visit: Canada
- The most exciting thing you’ve ever done: Visited Hawaii
- Your personal motto if you had to have one: “Have fun with everything you do.”
- Favorite all-time TV show: SpongeBob SquarePants
- Favorite all-time movie: The Great Outdoors
- One thing you most want to accomplish in life: Have a successful career
- Your national bird if you could have one: Bald eagle
- Dream occupation: Vet tech
- Person you would most like to meet: President Donald Trump
- Skill you would most like to learn and master: Turkey call
- Most important issue or problem facing humankind: Pollution
New Student Spotlight: Rebecca Nicholson
Rebecca Nicholson, 17, signed her National CTE Letter of Intent to enroll in the DCTC Graphic Design Technology program for fall semester 2019 to earn her Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree.
A native of Lakeville, Minnesota, Rebecca is a senior at Farmington High School and will earn her diploma in May of this year. She is a member of the Blazing Cat Cheerleading Team. Her goal after graduating from DCTC is to become a graphic design specialist for a professional sports franchise.
“I like being creative and getting involved with technology,” Rebecca said. “I like how I feel after finishing a project. I took Graphic Design 1 in high school and learned how to use the software.”
She has two dogs, Lily, a Chihuahua/terrier mix, and Trixie, a Yorkie/Shih Tzu mix. Lily is seven and Trixie is six.
When she’s not studying or working, Rebecca enjoys playing videogames. Two of her favorite games are MLB: The Show and Call of Duty. She has two younger brothers, William, 15, and Asher, 11.
Rebecca Nicholson • 12 Answers
- Favorite sport or physical activity: Baseball; I’m a Twins fan
- Place you would most like to visit: New Zealand
- The most exciting thing you’ve ever done: Valley Fair
- Your personal motto if you had to have one: “Life’s a climb, but the view is great.”
- Favorite all-time TV show: Hannah Montana
- Favorite all-time movie: The Last Song
- One thing you most want to accomplish in life: Become a professional graphic designer
- Your national bird if you could have one: Northern cardinal
- Dream occupation: If I could sing, I would be a rock star.
- Person you would most like to meet: Miley Cyrus
- Skill you would most like to learn and master: Guitar
- Most important issue or problem facing humankind: Hateful comments on Facebook
Learn more about National CTE Letter of Intent Signing Day at DCTC by contacting: