Best Online Community Colleges in Minnesota
Dakota County Technical College is ranked #8 for Best Online Community Colleges in Minnesota by The Best Colleges, which rates colleges and universities across the country in a range of categories, including subject, online courses, affordability and location.
Excerpt from The Best Colleges article:
“What are the Best Online Community Colleges in Minnesota?”
Students from all backgrounds use two-year and community colleges to earn their associate degrees in any number of disciplines. Since community colleges are cheaper than four-year institutions, many students complete the first two years of their four-year degree at these schools, and do so completely online. Minnesota is an attractive draw to students seeking a quality education at a reasonable price.
This section provides students with a ranking of the best online community colleges in Minnesota. Devised with a rigorous methodology, it is is an invaluable resource to help students determine which online schools in Minnesota meet their academic and financial needs.
#8 Dakota County Technical College
Dakota County Technical College is one of five standalone technical schools in Minnesota’s system of two-year colleges. The majority of the Rosemount institution’s 2,000 students pursue degrees that lead to immediate jobs, and the college offers unique programs in brewing, heavy-duty truck repair, civil engineering technology, and veterinary technology. The school also serves as also home to a GM Automotive Service program.
Though it focuses on vocational training, Dakota County also hosts a dozen degree and certificate programs through its virtual campus, including accounting, marketing, and business administration. Dakota Tech delivered about 20% of its credits online in 2017. The college champions sustainability, and the campus aims for green policies wherever possible. With an average age of 29, the school caters to a slightly older demographic than many of the other online community colleges in Minnesota.
Online learning at DCTC
Dakota County Technical College offers several programs and courses online. Online learning is designed for students who need a convenient schedule and flexibility. Online credit courses follow the traditional semester schedule and offer the same coursework as an on-campus course, but provide flexibility for completing the work via the Internet.
Current students can access online courses at Online DCTC. This site also provides tutorial information for using the online course management system: D2L Brightspace.
- Online courses are delivered with one or less on-campus meetings. Some courses may require exams proctored either on-campus or other proctor location.
- Hybrid or blended courses are a combination of both on-campus classroom meetings and online coursework. These courses will have fewer meeting times than a traditional classroom course, but will require students to review course materials, participate in discussion and complete assignments via the Internet.
- Accountant A.A.S. Degree
- Accountant Diploma
- Accounting Clerk Diploma
- Business Administration A.S. Degree
- Digital Marketing Specialist A.A.S. Degree
- Human Resource Development Certificate
- Marketing – A.S. Degree
- Marketing Communications Specialist Certificate
- Marketing Design Specialist A.A.S. Degree
- Quality Improvement Certificate
- Small Business Accounting Certificate
- Supervisory Leadership Certificate
To learn more about Online Learning at DCTC, contact: