Teens eXperiencing Technical education @DCTC
Dakota County Technical College will be hosting TXT2013, Teens eXperiencing Technical education, on the college’s main campus in Rosemount, Minn., Monday, July 29, through Friday, Aug. 2, 2013. The TXT program is taking place for the third year in a row. Comcast | NBC Universal is the program’s Presenting Sponsor. BTD Manufacturing is the Partnering Sponsor; Supporter Sponsors include Uponor North America, Dakota-Scott Youth Council and the Dakota-Scott Workforce Investment Board; Sponsors of a Day include Marco and Technology Advisor Josh Froelich.
A number of public officials and educators will be attending TXT2013 Monday, July 29, at 9:30 a.m.
- Minnesota Department of Education Commissioner Brenda Cassellius
- Minnesota Office of Higher Education Commissioner Larry Pogemiller
- Senator Eric R. Pratt (R) District 55
- Representative Anna Wills (R) District: 57B
- Burnsville Mayor Elizabeth Kautz
- Rosemount Mayor Bill Droste
- Lakeville Mayor Matt Little (Tentative)
- Rosemount High School Assistant Principal Kim Budde
- Valley Middle School Assistant Principal Stacey Buchwald
- ISD 196 Innovative Education Programs Coordinator Cathy Kindem
- ISD 194 Superintendent Lysa Snyder
What: Dakota County Technical College faculty prepare fun and interactive workshops in the programs offered by the college. Previous workshops have included operating a backhoe (Heavy Construction Equipment Technology), directing rail cars into position (Railroad Conductor Technology), making magic snow in a nanotechnology lab (Nanoscience Technology), performing venipunctures on dummy arms (Medical Assistant) and dismantling computers (Information Systems Management). DCTC faculty are planning more fun (and learning) for TXT2013!
When: Monday, July 29, through Friday, August 2, 2013; the program will run from 9 a.m. till 2 p.m. each day
For more information about TXT2013, contact:
- Linda Foster
Instructional Technology Director