Celebration of first two-year college Lions Club in District 5M-6
Dakota County Technical College is proud to announce that DCTC will be the first two-year college to establish a Campus Lions Club in Lions District 5M-6. The new DCTC Campus Lions Club is holding a Charter Night Celebration Wednesday, Nov. 10, 2010, at 5:30 p.m. until 8 p.m. in the Dakota Room on the DCTC main campus in Rosemount, Minn.
The celebration includes an induction of new members and installation of new officers as well as the presentation and acceptance of the club’s charter.
The world’s largest service club organization, Lions Clubs International has more than 1.35 million members in 45,000 clubs across 206 countries and geographic areas. The Lions date back to 1917 and are renowned for combating blindness, but members also care for the environment, feed hungry populations, provide emergency aid following natural disasters, and help seniors and the disabled.
DCTC Campus Lions Club Charter Night
Wednesday, Nov. 10, 2010
5:30 p.m. until 8 p.m.
Dakota Room | DCTC Rosemount Campus
Lions Clubs International Vision Statement *
- To be the global leader in community and humanitarian service.
Lions Clubs International Mission Statement *
- To empower volunteers to serve their communities, meet humanitarian needs, encourage peace and promote international understanding through Lions clubs.
The DCTC Campus Lions Club will accomplish the following goals:
- Provide leadership opportunities for students
- Offer membership in a well-organized service club
- Increase humanitarian service for the campus community
- Build positive community public relations
- Give opportunities to serve campus, local and work communities
- Improve speaking and presentation skills
- Strengthen business and management skills
- Create networking possibilities
- Generate résumé building skills
The DCTC Campus Lions Club will meet in the Dakota Room on the DCTC Rosemount campus the second Wednesday of the month from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
DCTC Campus Lions Club Charter Officers
- Ben Bundschu | President
- Janeth Winkler | Vice President
- Paula Mehrhoff | Secretary
- Dan Miller | Treasurer
- Deanna Turnbaugh | Membership Chair
- Aaron Will | Tail Twister
Faculty & Staff Founding Members and Mentors
- Steve Addy, Instructor, Electrical Lineworker
- Jeff Copeland, Instructor, Automotive Technician
- Erin Edlund, Director, Marketing and Communications
- Gary Hebert, Dean, Business and Info Systems, Business and Management, Customized Training
- Charlotte Kodner, Instructor, Office Careers
- Brett Kolles, Instructor, English & Business Communications
- Sharon LaComb, Vice President, Institutional Advancement
- Rosealee Lee, Instructor, Supervisory Management, Meeting and Event Management
- Nicole Meulemans, Director, Student Life
- Mike Opp, Dean, Transportation Careers, Technical Careers
For more information about the DCTC Campus Lions Club, please contact:
- Brett Kolles | Lions Club Advisor