DCTC faculty, staff & students encouraged to join
Dakota County Technical College is proud to announce that DCTC will be the first two-year college in Minnesota to establish a Campus Lions Club. The world’s largest service club organization, Lions Clubs International has more than 1.35 million members in 45,000 clubs across 206 countries and geographic areas. The Lions date back to 1917 and are renowned for combating blindness, but members also care for the environment, feed hungry populations, provide emergency aid following natural disasters, and help seniors and the disabled.
Lions Clubs International Vision Statement *
- To be the global leader in community and humanitarian service.
Lions Clubs International Mission Statement *
- To empower volunteers to serve their communities, meet humanitarian needs, encourage peace and promote international understanding through Lions clubs.
The DCTC Campus Lions Club will accomplish the following goals:
- Provide leadership opportunities for students
- Offer membership in a well-organized service club
- Increase humanitarian service for the campus community
- Build positive community public relations
- Give opportunities to serve campus, local and work communities
- Improve speaking and presentation skills
- Strengthen business and management skills
- Create networking possibilities
- Generate résumé building skills
The DCTC Campus Lions Club will meet in the Dakota Room on the DCTC Rosemount campus the second Wednesday of the month from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. The first meeting is Sept. 8, 2010.
DCTC faculty, staff and students are welcome to join and serve. Students can join FREE during the club’s first year. Cost for faculty and staff to be determined.
Faculty & Staff Founding Members and Mentors
- Steve Addy, Instructor, Electrical Lineworker
- Jeff Copeland, Instructor, Automotive Technician
- Erin Edlund, Director, Marketing and Communications
- Gary Hebert, Dean, Business and Information Systems, Business and Management, Customized Training
- Charlotte Kodner, Instructor, Office Careers
- Brett Kolles, Instructor, English, Business Communications
- Sharon LaComb, Vice President, Institutional Advancement
- Rosealee Lee, Instructor, Supervisory Management, Meeting and Event Management
- Nicole Meulemans, Director, Student Life
- Mike Opp, Dean, Transportation Careers, Technical Careers