MN Dental Assoc. sponsoring outreach program that provides free dental care to children
The DCTC Dental Assistant program is taking part in Give Kids a Smile, a charitable outreach program sponsored by the Minnesota Dental Association that provides free dental care to children. The outreach program attracts 2,500 volunteers from the state’s dental community. The volunteers, including dentists, dental assistants and other dental professionals, deliver roughly $1.7 million worth of dental care to thousands of low-income children.
Diana Sullivan, an instructor in the DCTC Dental Assistant program, reported that her program’s volunteers expect to serve roughly 35–40 children.
Event: Give Kids a Smile
- When: Saturday, Feb. 6 | 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Where: DCTC Dental Clinic | DCTC Rosemount, Minn., Campus
- What services will be provided:
- Fluoride Treatments
- Some Cavities Filled
- Who will be there to help:
- Dr. David Rischall, Volunteer Dentist
- One Licensed Dental Assistant
- 16 Dental Assistant Students
- Who you should contact: