Totally free community festival is way bigger this year
2009 Septemberfest is picking up even more steam as Dakota County Technical College prepares to throw open its Rosemount, Minn., campus to all residents from surrounding communities in the Twin Cities metro area and beyond. This year’s Septemberfest will light up the landscape Saturday, Sept. 12, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
“We have a world of new activities this year,” said Erin Larsen, the college’s director of marketing and communications. Larsen went on to list the full range of new activities, which include:
- McKracken’s Pub Volleyball Tourney
- Register your six-person team to play for hundreds of $$$ in prizes
- Volleyball Tourney Registration Form
- Bogart’s Nightclub Presents Live Music featuring The Amy M Band and Young Lust
- DCTC Dash 5K Run/Walk
- Register to run for hundreds of $$$ in prizes
- DCTC Dash Registration Form
- 1st Annual South of the River Legislators Disc Golf Challenge & 1st Annual Mayors Disc Golf Challenge
- Blue Sasquatch Medallion Quest
- Search like mad on our Rosemount campus for the Big Blue Bigfoot’s coolest trinket; find it and win a prize package worth nearly $300
- Outdoor Family Movie featuring the classic BABE
- Goat Dookie
- Betting game that combines live goats, poop berries and bingo
- Dessert Silent Auction
- College staff and faculty go sweets vs. sweets in no-recipes-barred competition
- Top dessert wins catered lunch from Rascals for up to 20
- Pedal Pull sponsored by River Valley Pedal Pulls
- Down on the Farm Petting Zoo”We’re also bringing back past favorites like our Classic Car Show, arts and crafts fair, farmer’s market, family fun area, puppet wagon, plenty of good food and beverages, and, of course, the crazy-fun Scholarship in a Haystack,” said Larsen.
The event will also feature a Dessert Silent Auction with contributing bakers and confectioners from all the college’s programs and departments. The dessert that takes the cake monetarily, so to speak, will earn its makers a free catered lunch for up to 20 from Rascals in Apple Valley—with the exception of administrators, who will participate for fun only.
Faculty will be on hand to spotlight their programs and answer questions from prospective students. DCTC offers Customized Training along with degrees, diplomas and certificates in more than 50 academic programs as well as the opportunity to play collegiate sports in women and men’s soccer, baseball and fastpitch softball.
“We are giving our very best this year,” said Sharon LaComb, the college’s vice president of institutional advancement. “Building relationships with community members is essential to our mission of delivering the best education possible. We want everyone to see first-hand the depth and relevance of a modern technical college. We also want everyone to have a really fun time.”
FREE Admission and FREE, Unlimited Parking
- Arts & Craft Fair
- Farmer’s Market
- Blue Sasquatch Medallion Quest
- The custom-made medallion will be hidden on the college’s Rosemount campus, and searchers will have from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. to find it
- Clues will be issued ever half hour during Septemberfest that will lead medallion hunters ever closer to Blue Sasquatch’s favorite bauble
- “I’m easier to find than my medallion.” — Blue Sasquatch
- Food & Beverages
- Loads of Children’s Activities
- Down on the Farm Petting Zoo
- Puppet Wagon
- DCTC Dash (5K Run/Walk) • 10 a.m.
- Classic Car Show • 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Dessert Silent Auction • 12 – 2 p.m.
- Goat Dookie • 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 3 p.m., 5 p.m.
- Scholarship in a Haystack • 12 p.m., 2 p.m., 4 p.m., 6 p.m.
- Live Entertainment
Outdoor Movie Night
Featuring the family classic, BABE • 7 – 9 p.m.
“A little pig goes a long way.”
2009 Septemberfest Sponsors and Schedule of Events
For more detailed info about all the activities, visit the 2009 Septemberfest homepage.
- Saturday, September 12, 2009
- 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Dakota County Technical College
1300 145th Street East
Rosemount, MN 55068-2999