In conjunction with this fall’s Septemberfest, DCTC will host an amateur talent contest on the college’s Rosemount campus.
This year’s Septemberfest, Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 13–14, 2008, will serve as a magnet for droves of talented people within range of Dakota County Technical College.
Based on America’s Got Talent ,the popular NBC summer series, Dakota County’s Got Talent will feature amateur, family-appropriate acts, performers and entertainers of all ages with any type of talent, including dancing, singing, playing musical instruments, juggling and so forth.
- First prize: $1,000
- Second prize: $750
- Third prize: $500
On Saturday, Sept. 13, from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., a panel of judges will select six finalists from a pool of semifinalists. The six finalists will perform on Sunday, Sept. 14, from noon to 1 p.m., to determine the top three prizewinners.
Dakota County’s Got Talent is open to ALL amateur entertainers, acts and groups.
See Dakota County’s Got Talent Rules and Information for details.
How to enter:
- Contestants must submit a completed Official Entry Form, a $10 entry fee, and a videotape or DVD by 4 p.m., Friday, Aug. 15.
- Acts selected to perform as semifinalists on Saturday, Sept. 13, will be notified by Friday, Aug. 29.
- Acts not selected for the Saturday semifinals will have their entry fee and video/DVD returned.
Please, send completed Official Entry Form to:
- Erin Larsen
Dakota County Technical College
1300 145th Street East
Rosemount, MN 55068
2008 Septemberfest is a community festival highlighted by arts and crafts vendors, a car and motorcycle show, food court, live music, hot-air balloon rides, academic and athletic interactive demos and clinics, Scholarship in a Haystack, and other family entertainment. The classic autumn event will take place:
- Saturday, Sept. 13, 2008, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 14, 2008, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.