I’m please to announce that MN participants of our Beyond The Pages book study this fall may earn 7 training hours for active participation. This is an approved course through the MN Center for Professional Development! This course applies towards the Core Competency Area of Child Growth & Development, the CDA Content Area of Principles of Child Growth & Development, and the Parent Aware area of Child Development.
The following guidelines are for MN participants seeking a certificate for active participation in the fall 2015 Beyond The Pages Early Childhood Book Study:
- Participants will email Dawn Braa (email@example.com) indicating intention of participation in this online book study. Participants can participate live each week following the book study schedule OR may complete it as a self-paced course. Please note that although this book study is currently already in week 10, it can also be completed as a self-study at a later date, on your own timeline.
- Participants will obtain a copy of the chosen book- What If Everybody Understood Child Development? by Rae Pica
- Participants will subscribe to this blog in the upper right-hand corner with an email address.
- If you are on Facebook, JOIN our event! https://www.facebook.com/events/431601440379065/
- Participants will read the chapters according to the timeline and review the correlating expert commentary weekly on our blog.
- Participants will participate by posting thoughtful and reflective responses (regarding book readings and expert commentaries) in the comments section of the blog post each week for the duration of the blog study. That means that participants will post 14 reflections. If participants are bloggers themselves and are blogging about this experience, including their reflections, they are able to simply post the weblink to their blog post in our blog comments section.
- Participants will keep an organized log (Word document) of all comments or blog posts (with dates and chapters) and email them to Dawn Braa (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the end of the study.
- Participants are responsible for submitting their certificate to Develop to be entered in their learning record. It is recommended that participants JOIN DEVELOP (free to create an account). If participants submit their MNCPD Develop ID# along with their organized log of participation, course completion will automatically be entered onto their MNCPD learning record. In those cases, the participant is not responsible for sending their certificate to Develop.
*Participants must successfully complete all requirements to be eligible for a certificate.
**Duplicate certificates will not be sent.
At this time, certificates are only available for MN residents. If you live outside MN and are seeking training hours, I suggest you also document your active participation and inquire with your state about approval possibilities. We are not guaranteeing approval of any kind outside MN.
*To learn more about this study, click HERE!