I’m please to announce that MN participants of our Beyond The Pages book study this fall may earn 7 training hours for active participation. This is approved through the MNCPD Policy Automatic Approval of Training.
The following guidelines are for MN participants seeking a certificate for active participation in the fall 2015 Beyond The Pages Early Childhood Book Study:
- Participants will email Dawn Braa (firstname.lastname@example.org) indicating intention of participation.
- Participants will need a copy of the chosen book- What If Everybody Understood Child Development? by Rae Pica
- Participants will read the chapters according to the timeline and review the correlating expert commentary weekly on our blog.
- Participants will participate by posting thoughtful and reflective responses (regarding book readings and expert commentaries) in the comments section of the blog post each week for the duration of the blog study. That means that participants will post 14 reflections. If participants are bloggers themselves and are blogging about this experience, including their reflections, they are able to simply post the weblink to their blog post in our blog comments section.
- Participants will keep an organized log (Word document) of all comments or blog posts (with dates and chapters) and email them to Dawn Braa (email@example.com) at the end of the study.
- Dawn will enter participant’s date of completion into Develop. Participants without a Develop account are responsible for submitting their certificate to Develop to be entered in their learning record.
*Participants must successfully complete all requirements to be eligible for a certificate.
**Duplicate certificates will not be sent.
At this time, certificates are only available for MN residents. If you live outside MN and are seeking training hours, I suggest you also document your active participation and inquire with your state about approval possibilities. We are not guaranteeing approval of any kind outside MN.