Early Childhood Book Study Special Guest #9 Announced!

Published on: August 19, 2015

Filled Under: Beyond The Pages, Books, Guest Speakers

Views: 1764

What If Book Study Marketing Pic

The ninth special guest expert participating in this book study is… Deborah StewartYou’ll find an introduction from Deborah below.

Deborah StewartHello~ I graduated with honors with an associate degree in early childhood education, a bachelor degree in human services and management, and a master degree in early childhood education. I am an avid believer in life-long learning and do my very best to practice this through ongoing education, research, and study.

I have my own part time private preschool calledThe Children’s Studio” located in a small town in Indiana.  The studio is also my own private lab school. It is the classroom where I apply the skills and knowledge I have gained over the years as well as where I observe early learning in action. My students range from ages three to five and come to my preschool two to three days a week.  My teaching assistant and I observe the children as they play and learn and photograph their learning in action to share with you on my Teach Preschool blog.  I am also the author of the book “Getting Ready for Kindergarten” which is available on Amazon. You can learn more about my book by clicking here!

I am a teacher who is always learning and growing so as you read my blog, you will see that I am also always changing my approach towards teaching based upon what I believe my students need from me and what I am currently learning about best practices in early childhood education.  I believe the best learning takes place through meaningful play and exploration so I fill my small classroom environment with opportunities for the children to explore new and interesting processes and materials every single day.

You can find Deborah online by vising her Teach Preschool website. Find her on Twitter @Teach_Preschool or on her Teach Preschool Facebook pageDiane will be providing commentary regarding chapters 11 and 12 of Rae Pica’s book What If Everybody Understood Child Development? on Oct. 19th.

*Just joining us and want to get started? You can find all the book study details HERE. Grab your copy of the book and join us for this epic online event beginning on Aug. 31st!