Choosing a college is an exciting first step on your path toward a rewarding career. Naturally, we believe there is no better choice than the ECYD program at Dakota County Technical College. Some of the things that set our program apart from others are:
- Small class sizes;
- Convenient scheduling including full-time, part-time and online options;
- A two-day per week structured pathway to ensure completion of our highest award in 2 years;
- Transfer options to many four-year institutions;
- Affordable tuition and fees; and
- A hands-on approach to education that involves students in active learning of best practices.
We work closely with early childhood programs to understand what employers are looking for and to ensure that our students are well prepared for work in schools, child care centers, hospitals, Head Start, and a wide variety of other programs related to children and families. We are confident that you will find our classes to be active learning experiences that challenge you and hone your skills for a rewarding career working with children.
Use the contact information below to visit our Facebook page or to begin a conversation with either of the program instructors.
Dawn Braa Sharon Bergen
NOW ENROLLING FOR FALL! Although our early childhood courses are filling, there’s still room for YOU! Options include enrolling in the Early Childhood & Youth Development or Child Life Assistant degree programs, taking a few courses, or enrolling in just one course. CLICK HERE for fall course information. (Note that some courses have pre-requisites)
We look forward to meeting you, in person or online. *If you’ve already begun your educational journey, some of your previous courses may transfer in.