KinderCare Learning Center is currently looking for full-time and part-time teachers in Burnsville, MN.
Plans and implements activities that promote the social, physical, and intellectual growth of children. Responsible for the care, hygiene, learning, and developmental activities, specialized programs, and redirection of children. Communicates directly with parents. Maintains classroom records, cleanliness, and orderliness.
Meets expectations for delivering customer acquisition and retention, quality program, financial management, and operational compliance, and demonstrates expected behaviors. Provides care and support to children.
• May share lead responsibilities with Assistant Teachers, Lead Teachers, and/or Teachers I and II
• Engages with current and prospective parents and family members and is responsive to their needs
• Complies with KLC and all governmental regulations regarding the care of children
• Understands responsibilities as a mandated reporter
• Keeps the Director informed of any necessary information regarding the care and safety of children
• Completes timely and accurate documentation according to KLC and other licensing or regulation requirements
• Assists and accepts responsibility in other daily center duties that might be temporary in the event other personnel are not available
• Attends and participates in all staff meetings, center events, and parent/customer meetings as requested
Requirements: Skills, Education / Knowledge, Experience
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field and/or state education requirements for a Teacher required
• Degree in Early Childhood Education or related area highly desirable
• 3+ years of early childhood education experience desirable
• 4+ years of experience working with assigned age group desirable
• Excellent organizational skills required
• Ability to be flexible in assignment and work hours required
• CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain required
• Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, ability to drive center vehicles desirable
Excellent verbal, listening, and written communication skills required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work is primarily performed in the center environment. Centers are dynamic with a high level of activity. Work may also be performed at community sites for field trips.
• Incumbent must be able to lift 40 pounds
• Stand up to 95% of the day
• Assume postures in low level positions that best allow physical and visual contact with children
• Must be able to sustain a high level of energy
• Bend to perform various tasks numerous times throughout the day
• Stoop, sit on the floor
• Have the agility to move from a seated position to a standing position promptly to respond to emergency situations
• Perform all activities with children, i.e. jump, dance, walk, run, etc. for extended periods of time
Both indoor and outdoor environment are typically found in a childcare facility. Depending upon activities and season, may be required to be outdoors for regular, prolonged activities.
• Must possess acceptable hearing and visual capabilities in order to monitor the environment and children’s well being
• Must be able to excel in an ambiguous and continuously changing, competitive environment
• Incumbent will need to be flexible and be able to respond quickly and appropriately to changing situations
• Work hours may vary to meet the needs of the children
• Incumbent will be faced with a variety of issues on a daily basis and will be engaged in multiple tasks and must respond quickly and appropriately to frequently changing needs of children