Child Life Conference 2011

Published on: May 28, 2011

Filled Under: Child Life, Early Childhood Youth Dev Program

Views: 1827

I’m at this years conference for child life in Chicago and it’s off to a great start. The Gov. of IL declared today Child Life Day which was pretty neat. There was a high level of energy at the conference!

The sessions I attended today were about: children who exerience physical/emotional loss, easing the transition through school re-entry programming, and responsive infant care/ infant methods of comunication. They were all fantastic and I can’t wait to bring this knowledge back to DCTC.

I was also able to reconnect with some of the board members and gave them an updated version of our CLA program.

Below is a description of the conference-

The CLC Annual Conference on Professional Issues is the premier educational experience for child life professionals. Each year, nearly 1,000 child life specialists from around the world gather for a diverse array of high-quality, timely and relevant conference sessions catered to all professional levels. As the largest gathering of child life specialists of the year, the Annual Conference offers ample opportunities for both formal and informal networking. Get ready to talk about current child life issues, share ideas and resources, and contribute to the ongoing growth of the profession!

I’ll post more soon. Until then, I’ll be updating about the conference through Twitter.

Previous post:
Next Post:

One Response to Child Life Conference 2011

1. Lynn says:

It’s great to hear about your experiences at the conference – sounds like a lot of fun!