Muffins

Published on: May 20, 2010

Filled Under: Health , Fitness & Safety

Views: 1317

I’d like to share a recipe that my family has recently been enjoying. It’s quick and tastey. This recipe is a good one for kids…very simple.

Raisin Bran Muffins
1 (15oz) box Raisin Bran
5 cups flour
3 cups sugar
5 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. salt
4 beaten eggs
1 cup oil
1 qt. buttermilk

I do make a few changes so it’s a bit healthier. I mix my flour after I purchase it, before I put it in the container, so it’s half white flour, half wheat flour. I use 1 tsp. salt rather than 2 and also add in a Tbsp. or so of flax seed.You’ll want to use a very large bowl since you’ll be making a huge batch.

Pour all the dry ingrediants into the bowl.

In a small bowl, beat the eggs so they are ready to add.

Next, pour in the oil and eggs.

Mix slightly to make room for the buttermilk. Pour in buttermilk, stirring if needed.

Although your child will enjoy adding the ingrediants, you may want to pour in the buttermilk as the bowl gets quite full. If you have a younger child, I would recommend that you stir the ingrediants together. The bowl is usually very full and it gets tough. You don’t want the batter to get flung across your kitchen!

Here’s what it should look like after mixing.

I know it doesn’t look that appetizing, but try it, it’s actually very good and pretty healthy!

Either grease your muffin tins or use muffin cups. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.

Bake @ 350 for 20 minutes.

Remove muffins from the oven. Let cool slightly. Using a butter knife, go around the edges of the muffin and set onto cooling rack. ENJOY!

YUM! Everyone is satisfied.

Here’s the great thing about this recipe…if you only bake one tray of muffins at a time, you have extra, right? Put it in a smaller covered container and put it in the fridge. It lasts up to 6 weeks! Ours only ever lasts about 1.5 weeks, because we eat it every morning with OJ. Delicious!

So the next morning, you just pull it out of the fridge and bake (20 min @ 350) and breakfast is done…simple and no mess!

Previous post:
Next Post: