This “club” was recently started by a local mom of two. It’s FREE for parents/providers and children to join. Local events are held at various places throughout the metro each month for families to participate in and connect with nature. There are a few guidelines to follow (as taken from their website) if you want to be a part of the Nature Club-
Guidelines for Happy Trails Family Nature Club Adventurers
* Guardians must stay with their children at all times, and are solely responsible for their well-being.
* Please be respectful of the Earth, and other people.
* Please leave dogs at home.
* Be sure to dress for the weather, and layer clothing.
* It is a good idea to bring a pack with water, and a simple snack.
* While we will be keeping to the designated trails, kids will be encouraged to explore their surroundings. This may mean (with the plant’s permission) picking a couple of leaves, etc., or whatever the child needs to do to connect with nature.
* Attempt to strike a balance between sharing nature experiences with your child, and also leaving them alone to explore on their own.
* You may wish to leave a picnic in your car or backpack, to eat after the event has ended.
* Families are not obligated to stay for the duration of the outing. Feel free to leave early if you need to.
* RELAX, AND HAVE FUN!
There are 3 events scheduled still for November and 2 for December. Check out their website and begin creating outdoor memories together!!