This year the DCTC Writers Club will hold a writing contest in Poetry and Prose (fiction and nonfiction). This year’s contest is our first. Students who have attended DCTC during the 2011/12 school year are eligible.
Judges for 2012 are Weston Jorde (poetry) and Joe Campbell (fiction and nonfiction).
Winning entries receive between $100 and $250 DCTC scholarship. Winners and runners-up will be considered for publication in the Dakota Review for the 2012/13 issue.
Submission due date: May 9, 2012
- Submit up to 3,000 words of prose (double-spaced) or up to five pages of poetry (one poem or several, but no more than one poem per page). Work must be previously unpublished. Simultaneous submissions are fine assuming you inform us of acceptance elsewhere.
- Judges will select winners from a group of finalists chosen by Dakota Review editors. All manuscripts, whether selected as finalists or not, are considered for publication.
- Manuscripts must include a cover page listing your name, address, e-mail address and/or telephone number, and the title of each work, but your name should not appear on the manuscript itself.
- Submitting writers must be a registered DCTC student at the time of submission. Submitting writers do not have to be members of the Writers Club.
- Winning entries will receive one free copy of the Dakota Review. Additional copies may be purchased.
- Label your envelope as a contest entry, for example Contest: Fiction.
- One entry per envelope.
- If submitting through U.S. mail, submissions must be postmarked by May 9, 2012.
- Manuscripts will not be returned, but they will be destroyed.
Mail submissions to:
Dakota County Technical College
The Dakota Review
c/o Nicole Meulemans
1300 145th Street E.
Rosemount, MN 55068
Eligibility and Conflicts of Interest
Faculty and staff of DCTC are not eligible to enter the contest.
For more information, contact: