2017 is almost here – time to think about New Year’s resolutions! If you’d like to learn a new language next year, Mango Languages can help with fun, self-paced courses for 71 foreign languages. If English isn’t your first language, you can improve your skills with English courses in 19 different languages. And you can learn anywhere with mobile apps for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire devices. Expand your mind and fight monolingualism by learning a new language!
The Library will be closed during winter break, from Saturday, December 17th through Sunday, January 8th. We’ll be checking our e-mail and Danielle Hoveland and Barbara Schuldt will be here limited hours during the break. Instructors, please e-mail or call ahead of time (x8366) if you need to drop off reserve items or check items out before spring semester begins. If Barbara or Danielle are here, just knock on the staff door and they’ll be happy to help you.
Have a happy and restful winter break, everyone!
AccessScience has added lots of new content this month. There’s a new briefing on the critically endangered eastern lowland gorilla and a new article on reproductive immunology. New videos and animations include:
- How Do Sparklers Work?
- How to Make Fluorescent Flowers
- Is it Okay to Pee in the Pool?
- Sniffing Priceless Art and Artifacts for Conservation
- The Science of Spotting Fake Foods
- Total Synthesis
- What If Humans Could Photosynthesize?
Don’t forget AccessScience has projects for makers of all skill levels. New projects include:
And finally, there’s a new video biography of Solomon W. Golomb, winner of the 2016 Benjamin Franklin Medal in Electrical Engineering.
- Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshooting
- Excel Tips Weekly
- Personal Finance Tips
- Building Web APIs with ASP.NET Core
- Real Estate Photography: Master Bathrooms
- Photoshop CC 2017 for Photographers
- SketchUp: Modeling from Photos
- Windows Server 2016: Manage, Monitor, and Maintain Servers
- Happiness Tips
Read our previous blog post for more information about how to access lynda.com, and thanks to the Dakota County Library for providing this amazing resource!
November is Native American Heritage Month, also known as National American Indian Heritage Month. Join us in celebrating the rich history, the variety of cultures, and the many contributions of Native Americans to our world. Learn more with books, ebooks, and videos from our from our collection.
Check out these sites for more information:
- American Indian Heritage Foundation
- ipl2 – The Link: November is National American Indian Heritage Month
- Library of Congress – Native American Heritage Month
- Minitex – titles from Ebooks Minnesota
- National Museum of the American Indian