Take a look at the new books and videos we added to our collection in January. You can find these and everything else in our collection through our catalog, MnPALS Plus. Here are just a few of the new titles on our shelves. Check them out!
Great news for New York Times readers! LexisNexis Academic has expanded their coverage to include both the print and online versions, updated every 15 minutes. See for yourself:
- Today’s New York Times front page news
- All of today’s New York Times articles
- Search all of the New York Times since June 1, 1980
Please contact us if you have any questions about LexisNexis or our other online news resources.
AccessScience added lots of new content this month. There’s a new research review on 5G communications and new articles on channelrhodopsin proteins and visible light communication. New briefings include:
- Experimental Ebola vaccine is effective
- Four endangered species of giraffes
- The Flint water crisis and its health consequences
New videos and animations include:
- Accidental Discoveries That Went Boom
- CRISPR/Cas 9 Explained
- How to Keep Your Phone Battery Charged Longer
There’s also a new video biography of Patrick Soon-Shiong, winner of the 2016 Bower Award for Business Leadership.
Credo Reference has added the following 12 titles since November:
- The Psych 101 Series: Memory 101
- The Psych 101 Series: Creativity 101
- The 2015 Annual Register: World Events 2014
- The 2016 Annual Register: World Events 2015
- Native American Almanac: More Than 50,000 Years of the Cultures and Histories of Indigenous Peoples
- Ideas for Leaders Collection
- Encyclopedia of Great Popular Song Recordings
- The Quotable Feynman
- Ten Thousand Birds
- Merriam-Webster’s Medical Dictionary
- Standard Handbook of Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering
- 500 Great Military Leaders
Our Credo Reference collection now includes 816 reference ebooks and more than 3.4 million full text entries. Take a look!
We recently added Salem Health: Nutrition to our collection, which comes with free access to the same content online. The printed set is over 900 pages in three volumes and includes 300 articles on topics such as:
- Red Meat
- Energy Drinks
- Cancer Prevention
- Hypertension and Sodium
- Mental Health and Diet
- Nutrition in Healthy School-Age Children
- Ramadan Fasting
- Veterans Weight Management Programs
2017 is almost here – time to think about New Year’s resolutions! If you’d like to learn a new language next year, Mango Languages can help with fun, self-paced courses for 71 foreign languages. If English isn’t your first language, you can improve your skills with English courses in 19 different languages. And you can learn anywhere with mobile apps for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire devices. Expand your mind and fight monolingualism by learning a new language!