The Library will close early (4:30 PM) on Thursday, March 31st and will be closed all day on Friday, April 1st. We are sorry for any inconvenience.
- Negative stiffness dampers for structural vibration control
- Articulata (Echinodermata)
- Conservation (species)
- Genetically modified crops
There are new briefings on the following topics:
- Cold-dry limits of life on Earth
- Sulfur concrete as a construction material on Mars
- Cafestol and health effects
- GPS-enhanced tsunami warning system
- Stretchable electroluminescent skin for soft robotics
New Research Reviews include:
- Graphene and graphene oxide membranes for water treatment
- Hyperaridity and the dry limits of life
- Supramolecular polymers constructed by rotaxane chemistry and molecular recognition
New videos and animations include:
- Do Vitamin Supplements Really Work?
- How Do Deodorants and Antiperspirants Work?
- Shedding Light on Seasonal Affective Disorder
- The Future of Fake Meat
- Why Are Hot Peppers Hot?
- Honey is Really Bee Puke
- How Do Snowflakes Form?
- The Four “New” Elements and How We Got Them
Credo Reference has added or updated the following nine titles since January:
- Who’s Who of the Bible
- Marquis Who’s Who in the World
- Debrett’s People of Today 2016
- Marquis Who’s Who in America
- Marquis Who Was Who in America 1985-present
- Key Buildings from Prehistory to the Present
- Chambers Dictionary of Great Quotations
- Apes and Human Evolution
- Furniture Design
Our Credo Reference collection now includes 788 reference ebooks and more than 3.7 million full text entries. Take a look!
March is Women’s History Month, a celebration of women’s achievements throughout history and their contributions to culture and society. Learn about women’s history with books, ebooks, and videos from our collection and check out these sites for more information:
If you like movies as much as we do around here, you’re probably aware that the 88th Academy Awards are taking place this Sunday. Did you know that seven of this year’s eight Best Picture nominees are based on books? Many of the best movies have been adapted from great (or even better) books, and you might be surprised at how many of these books we have in our collection. Danielle has put together a display of some of these titles, as well as a Listal of Academy Award-nominated films and the books they were based on.
Check these out and see what inspired the filmmakers to bring these stories to the silver screen!