Today is also International Children’s Book Day. Did you know we have nearly 1,200 children’s books in our Juvenile Collection? Check one out and read to a child today!
Today is World Autism Awareness Day and April is National Autism Awareness Month. According to the CDC, 1 out of 68 children has been identified with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). Learn more about autism and Asperger’s syndrome with books, ebooks, and videos from our collection.
Check out these sites for more information:
Check out these recent CQ Researcher reports on home schooling, youth unemployment, and abortion:
LexisNexis Academic is an excellent resource for news, business, and legal research. Learn how to get the most out of this database with these free webinars from LexisNexis:
Learn how this premier general reference tool provides access to the most news, business, and legal information available from one interface. Newly redesigned with a simplified, single-search box and improved search options, this research tool provides streamlined access to the credible information students and faculty need. Whether the search is on a current hot topic in the news, financial information of a specific company, or a following of a judgment on a case, LexisNexis Academic has it all.
- Monday, March 31, 2014, 12 PM – 1 PM: Register here
- Tuesday, April 29, 2014, 12 PM – 1 PM: Register here
- Wednesday, April 30, 2014, 11 AM – 12 PM: Register here
LexisNexis Academic – Legal Research
Learn how this premier general reference tool provides access to comprehensive, credible news, business, and legal information from one interface. This webinar will focus on legal and criminal justice resources within LN Academic.
- Monday, April 7, 2014, 2 PM – 3 PM: Register here
LexisNexis Academic – News
Learn how this premier general reference tool provides access to comprehensive, credible news, business, and legal information from one interface. This webinar will focus on news resources within LN Academic.
- Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 12 PM – 1 PM: Register here
Many of us know the word “Crimea” mainly because of the Crimean War of the 1850s, where Florence Nightingale gained her fame. For more background on the Crimean peninsula and the current conflict between Russia and Ukraine, Credo Reference has put together an excellent Guide to the Crimea.
Credo Reference has added or updated the following 17 titles since January:
- Biographical Dictionary of 20th Century Philosophers
- Marquis Who’s Who in the World
- Debrett’s People of Today 2014
- Marquis Who’s Who in America
- Marquis Who Was Who in America 1985-present
- The Tourism Society’s Dictionary for the Tourism Industry
- 2012-2013 Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Dictionary of Human Resources and Personnel Management
- The Faber Companion to 20th Century Popular Music
- The Thames & Hudson Dictionary of 20th Century Architecture
- The Cambridge Encyclopedia of the Language Sciences
- The Cambridge Handbook of Second Language Acquisition
- The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language
- Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase and Fable
- The Cambridge Encyclopedia of Darwin and Evolutionary Thought
- Mosby’s Dental Dictionary
- Encyclopedia of 20th Century Technology
Our Credo Reference collection now includes 644 reference ebooks and over 3.3 million full text entries. Take a look!