Minitex is offering free web-based training for several ELM databases. Here are some of the upcoming sessions, as described on the Minitex web site:
Health and Medical Resources in ELM
A thorough overview of the Consumer Health Complete medical resource including key features such as accessing Evidence-Based Reports, reference book content, medical images, animations and video as well as searching a variety of health topics. An overview of additional medical databases Alt HealthWatch, Health Source: Consumer Edition, and Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition will also be covered.
- Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM Register
- Wednesday, November 18, 2009, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM Register
- Monday, December 07, 2009, 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM Register
Points of View Reference Center
A detailed overview of an online tool (Points of View Reference Center) to assist researchers in understanding the full scope of a wide range of controversial subjects and evaluate the issues of yesterday, today and tomorrow. This session will include reviewing key essays (Overview, Point, Counterpoint and Guide to Critical Analysis) on a variety of topics. Advanced searching techniques using lexiles, limiters and source types will also be covered.
- Tuesday, December 08, 2009, 10:30 AM – 11:15 AM Register
- Thursday, December 10, 2009, 3:30 PM – 4:15 PM Register
Science Resources in ELM
This session will take a look Gale’s General Science Collection and EBSCO’s Science Reference Center. Specifically at the broad spectrum of reference information from the areas of life sciences, physical sciences and earth & space sciences, including scientist and mathematician biographies, science videos and science experiments contained in Science Reference Center.
- Monday, November 23, 2009, 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM Register
- Tuesday, December 01, 2009, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Register
To learn more about these and other resources, register for a training session or just ask a librarian!