AccessScience added lots of new content in June and July. New briefings include:
- Colony collapse disorder may be a diminishing problem for bees
- Complex organic materials discovered on Mars
- Engineering of the Mississippi River has increased flood hazards
- Galileo space probe detects plume from Jupiter’s moon Europa
- Massive seabird die-off attributed to ocean warming
- Neonicotinoid insecticides banned in Europe
- Underestimated U.S. natural-gas leaks undermine climate benefits
- Oldest lizard fossil specimen identified
- Powerful cosmic particle accelerator discovered in a blazar galaxy
- Recycling carbon fiber
- Strong and easy-to-form magnesium alloys
- Universe’s missing baryonic matter identified as intergalactic hot gas
New/updated articles include:
- Big bang theory
- Absolute zero
- Internet of things
- Supermassive star
New videos and animations include:
- All About Gluten
- How Does Xanax® Work?
- How Do Hand Sanitizers Work?
- The Chemistry of Glass and Art of Glassblowing
- The Dark Side of Fleece
- Why Do Some People Hate Cilantro?
- Chemtrails: The Chemistry of Contrails
- Cow Burps Are Warming the Planet
- Do Ketogenic Diets Really Work?
- What Are Century Eggs?
- What’s That After-Rain Smell Made Of?
And finally, there’s a new video biography of Philippe Horvath, winner of the 2018 Bower Award and Prize for Achievement in Science .