There are new briefings on the following topics:
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Cystic fibrosis
- Effect of volcanic SO2 emissions on cloud albedo
- First recyclable polyester bioplastic
- Living shorelines for coastal protection
- 2016 North Korea nuclear test
- Antisense drugs
- Bee dance language
- Hurricane Alex (North Atlantic, January 2016)
- Lake warming
New videos and animations include:
- The Science of the Perfect Grilled-Cheese Sandwich
- What Happens When You’re About to Die?
- What Is the Blackest Black?
- Consumer & Health Information
- Creating Resource Packs & Lesson Plans in Britannica
- ELM Advanced for K12
- ELM Basics for K12
- ELM Over Lunch: Student Resources in Context
- ELM Personalized: Easy, Customized ELM Access
- Employment Research with ELM
- Finding Historical and Current Minnesota Content in ELM
- Getting to Know the New SAT
- How To Find & Follow News Topics in ELM
- Information Literacy – Do Students Know What They Are Looking For?
- LearningExpress Library for Adult Basic Education
- Mining ELM for Mathematics
- Politics and the Presidential Election in ELM
- Prepare for an Occupation with LearningExpress
- Searching the New WorldCat Interface
Credo Reference has added or updated the following 12 titles since November:
- Dictionary of Contemporary Slang
- Manufacturing Engineering Handbook
- National Geographic Answer Book: 10,001 Fast Facts About Our World
- Handbook of Aging and the Social Sciences
- Encyclopedia of Volcanoes
- Good Word Guide
- Dictionary of Computing
- British Qualifications 2015: A Complete Guide to Professional, Vocational and Academic Qualifications in the United Kingdom
- Palgrave Key Concepts: Key Concepts in Innovation
- Palgrave Key Concepts: Key Concepts in Business and Management Research Methods
- The Christmas Encyclopedia
- 100 Ideas that Changed Street Style
Our Credo Reference collection now includes 773 reference ebooks and more than 3.5 million full text entries. Take a look!
The Library will be closed during winter break, from Saturday, December 19th through Sunday, January 10th. We’ll be checking our e-mail and Danielle Hoveland and Barbara Schuldt will be here limited hours during the break. Instructors, please e-mail or call ahead of time (x8366) if you need to drop off reserve items or check items out before spring semester begins. If Barbara or Danielle are here, just knock on the staff door and they’ll be happy to help you.
Have a happy and restful winter break, everyone!