The Library will close early (4 PM) on Wednesday, November 25th. We are sorry for any inconvenience. Have a happy Thanksgiving!
November is American Diabetes Month. According to the American Diabetes Association, nearly 30 million Americans have diabetes and another 86 million are at risk for developing type 2 diabetes. You can learn how to control or lower your chance of developing diabetes with books, ebooks, and videos from our collection.
Check out these sites for more information:
- Nobel Prizes for 2015
- Advanced desalination
- Analysis and design of buried structures under earthquake loading
There are new briefings on the following topics:
- Domestic robots
- Hurricane Patricia (Eastern Pacific, 2015)
- Macular degeneration
- Purkinje cells
- Simulations of pedestrian behavior applied to traffic management
- Tropical cyclones Chapala and Megh (Arabian Sea, 2015)
New videos and animations include:
- How Urine Contributed to Modern Chemistry
- The Chemistry of Addiction
- Football Helmets: The Last Line of Defense?
- The Smallest Robots: Rise of the Nanomachines
And finally, there are new video biographies of Roger F. Harrington and http://www.accessscience.com/content/newport-elissa-l/VB0045.
Credo Reference has added the following 18 titles since September:
- Dictionary of Classical Mythology
- Hutchinson Chronology of World History
- Concise History of the Middle East
- Bloomsbury Encyclopedia of the American Enlightenment
- Encyclopedia of The Continental Congress
- Basic Economics: A Common Sense Guide to the Economy
- Real Estate Concepts: A Handbook
- Merriam-Webster’s Dictionary of Law
- Design Book
- Dictionary of Media and Communication Studies
- Chambers Dictionary
- Bumble Bees of North America: An Identification Guide
- American Heritage Dictionary of Medicine
- Dorland’s Dictionary of Medical Acronyms & Abbreviations
- Dr. Susan Love’s Breast Book
- Encyclopedia of American Food and Drink
- Ancient Chinese Warfare
Our Credo Reference collection now includes 774 reference ebooks and more than 3.5 million full text entries. Take a look!
The Library will close early on Monday, November 2nd (2 PM) and Wednesday, November 4th (5 PM). We are sorry for any inconvenience.
Job & Career Accelerator has lots of unique features that set it apart from the the other LearningExpress Library modules I’ve described in the last few weeks. As the name implies, Job & Career Accelerator is a powerful job search resource, helping you to
- explore more than 1,100 occupations and choose a career that’s right for you
- search more than 5 million job and internship postings
- create and publish resumes and cover letters based on hundreds of examples
- practice your interviewing skills
- and manage your job search progress.
For more information, I recomment this excellent post by Beth Staats at Minitex. She explains in greater detail what each section can do to help you find and get the job you’re looking for.
Don’t forget you’ll need a personal account in order to use LearningExpress Library. It’s free for DCTC students; just click on the blue Register button near the lower right corner of the home page.