Check out these recent CQ Researcher reports on Russia, media violence, elections, and partisan politics:
Attention all accounting students! Bill Madigan from LexisNexis has put together these lists to help you find some of the best sources for accounting and tax information available through LexisNexis Academic. Take a look!
LexisNexis Academic has a rich collection of accountancy and tax law content, including federal and state statutes and case law, professional and academic journals, international materials, and publications from the IRS and the AICPA. Below are lists of links for selected content within these collections, highlighting some of the broader and most heavily referenced sources.
Accounting Content on LexisNexis Academic (Selected)
- Accountant’s Handbook
- Accounting Today
- AICPA Accounting and Auditing Publications
- AICPA CPA Letters (1988-1999)
- AICPA Publications Archive (1934-1995)
- AICPA Tax Division Newsletter (1988-1992)
- CPA Practice Advisor
- International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences
- IOMA Accounting Publications Combined
- John Wiley Publications
- Journal of Accountancy
- The Tax Adviser
- The Ultimate Accountants’ Reference
Tax Law Content on LexisNexis Academic (Selected)
- All State Tax Statutes, Regulations, Cases and Admin Decisions
- Combined Federal & State Tax Journals
- Federal Tax Cases and IRS Administrative Decisions
- Federal Tax Legislation, Congressional Reports & Bills
- Internal Revenue Code
- Internal Revenue Manual
- IRS Bulletins, Letter Rulings & Memoranda Decisions, Combined
- John Wiley Publications
- The Practical Tax Lawyer
- State Tax Newsletters
- The Tax Adviser
- Tax Analysts Tax Magazines, Combined
- Tax Analysts Tax Publications and Treatises
- Tax Facts Intelligence
- The Tax Lawyer
- Treasury Regulations—Final, Temporary and Proposed
We recently added The 50 States to our collection, which comes with free access to the same content online. The printed set is over 1,200 pages in two volumes and includes chapters on every state plus tables, maps, drawings, and photos. The Sortable Ranking Tables let you easily sort through all kinds of data including population growth, income per capita, land use, housing values, gas prices, crime rates, and more. Take a look at the entry on Minnesota and learn more about the state we call home!
February is American Heart Month. According to the CDC, cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death in the United States and a factor in 1 out of 3 deaths. Learn more about heart health with books, ebooks, and videos from our collection.
Check out these sites for more information:
LexisNexis Academic is an excellent resource for news, business, and legal research. Learn how to get the most out of this database with these free webinars from LexisNexis:
Learn how this premier general reference tool provides access to the most news, business, and legal information available from one interface. Newly redesigned with a simplified, single-search box and improved search options, this research tool provides streamlined access to the credible information students and faculty need. Whether the search is on a current hot topic in the news, financial information of a specific company, or a following of a judgment on a case, LexisNexis Academic has it all.
- Monday, February 17, 2014, 1 PM – 2 PM: Register here
- Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 12 PM – 1 PM: Register here
- Thursday, February 27, 2014, 1 PM – 2 PM: Register here
- Tuesday, March 4, 2014, 2 PM – 3 PM: Register here
- Thursday, March 6, 2014, 11 AM – 12 PM: Register here
LexisNexis Academic – Business
Learn how this premier general reference tool provides access to comprehensive, credible news, business, and legal information from one interface. This webinar will focus on business resources and Company Dossier.
- Friday, March 7, 2014, 11 AM – 12 PM: Register here
LexisNexis Academic – Legal Research
Learn how this premier general reference tool provides access to comprehensive, credible news, business, and legal information from one interface. This webinar will focus on legal and criminal justice resources within LN Academic.
- Friday, February 21, 2014, 11 AM – 12 PM: Register here
- Thursday, March 6, 2014, 1 PM – 2 PM: Register here
LexisNexis Academic – News
Learn how this premier general reference tool provides access to comprehensive, credible news, business, and legal information from one interface. This webinar will focus on news resources within LN Academic.
AccessScience has added lots of new content in the last month. There are 19 new briefings on a variety of topics, including:
- 3D printing of multiple materials
- aluminum-air battery technology for electric vehicles
- big data
- biologics and biosimilar drugs
- Charles Darwin and his theory of evolution
- diabetes mellitus
- extreme weather events
- forensic science
- hydraulic fracturing (fracking)
- One World Trade Center in New York named the tallest U.S. building
- urban tree leaves remove fine-particulate air pollution
There’s also a new Research Review on the development of a vaccine for the norovirus outbreaks known as the “cruise ship” virus.
Finally, take a look at the new video biography of Rudolf Jaenisch, winner of the 2013 Benjamin Franklin Medal in Life Science.