March 7 Department Chair Meeting News
1. By now you have all received email and heard about the True Blue Gala fundraising event. It actually sounds like fun. Just a reminder that it is your program’s responsibility to send invitations to industry partners including advisory board members. Contact Erin Edlund if in need of an invitation/announcement tool to use for email invites.
If you go to the DCTC website; click on True Blue link; you will find an additional link for the silent auction items. There are lots!
2. Did you know that GED/Accuplacer classes are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:30-7:30 in the Writing Center?
3. Nelnet is an automatic tuition payment plan available to students and is not to be confused with Higher One.
4. I gave Pat Lair feedback on who you listed as ‘industry reps’ for the Open House scheduled on April 4th. If you have anyone to add, please communicate with Pat directly.
5. The next All College Advisory Meeting date will be scheduled during the month of September: watch for information from Kelly Murtaugh.
6. During April you will be asked to participate in a PACE survey. It should take about 15-20 minutes of your time and fits in to the Strategic Plan #4 objective. The questions will inquire as to the climate and health of your work environment.
7. I sent all of you a calendar invite for a department meeting on Monday, March 26th at 3 PM. We are long overdue in regard to meeting together as a group- hope to see you then!