Five Blue Knights playing in Northwoods League
Dakota County Technical College’s baseball team lost 2–4 to the St. Cloud Community and Technical College Cyclones May 15, 2011, at Joe Faber Field in St. Cloud, Minn. The loss bumped the Blue Knights out of the NJCAA Region 13 Tournament and ended the team’s season with a 31–21 overall record. SCTCC, which at the time was rated #4 in the nation in the NJCAA Men’s Baseball Division III Poll, went on to lose 0–4 to the Rochester Community and Technical College Yellowjackets, who advanced to the 2011 NJCAA Division III Baseball National Championship Tournament in Tyler, Texas.
Five players to compete in collegiate summer baseball; two players Region 13 Award winners
DCTC Blue Knights Baseball Head Coach Randy Briesacher announced that five players from the 2010–2011 team made the move to the Northwoods League, a summer baseball league with 16 teams in two divisions. Some of the best college players from North America compete in the NWL unpaid to maintain NCAA eligibility over an almost 70-game season.
Two Blue Knights were also 2010–2011 NJCAA Region 13 Award Winners, Dylan Peterson (see below under NWL players) and Luis Ramos.
- Freshman Shortstop | Winter Haven Senior High School | Winter Haven, Fla.
Blue Knights in NWL
- Sophomore Outfielder | Luverne High School | Luverne, Minn.
- Sophomore Pitcher | Woodbury High School | Woodbury, Minn.
- Sophomore Pitcher | Irondale High School | Mounds View, Minn.
- Sophomore Outfielder/Pitcher | Burnsville, High School | Burnsville, Minn.
- Sophomore Pitcher/Outfielder | Buffalo Lake-Hector High School | Hector, Minn.
For more on Blue Knights baseball, including Fall Ball and the 2011–2012 season, contact:
- Randy Briesacher
DCTC Baseball Head Coach