Jay Pivec @ HoopsNet Basketball Coaches Clinic
New DCTC men’s basketball coach teaches his proven practice drills at renowned coaches clinic
Jay Pivec, the new head coach of the DCTC Blue Knights men’s basketball team, is heading for Tartan High School in Oakdale, Minn., to take part in the HoopsNet Basketball Coaches Clinic Saturday, Oct. 2, 2010. The event, billed as a clinic “created by coaches for coaches,” features basketball tips, advice and pointers from collegiate-level coaches.
“This is one of the better clinics in the state,” Pivec said. “Last year they had around 240 coaches in attendance.”
The Blue Knights men’s basketball team will begin play as an independent at the NJCAA Div. II level in fall 2011.
HoopsNet Basketball Coaches Clinic Agenda
Saturday, Oct. 2, 2010
9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Tartan High School
- 9–9:10 a.m. | Welcome and Intros
- 9:10–10:10 a.m. | Fred Hoiberg, Iowa State University | “Man-to-Man Offensive Sets”
- 10:20–11:20 a.m. | Greg Gard, University of Wisconsin Associate Head Coach | “Wisconsin’s Swing Man Offense”
- 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. | Scott Nagy, South Dakota State University | “SDSU Philosophy & Rebounding”
- 12:30–1:30 p.m. | Lunch provided onsite
- 1:30–2:30 p.m. | Matt Margenthaler, Minnesota State University Mankato | “Competitive Practice Drills”
- 2:40–3:40 p.m. | Jay Pivec, Dakota County Technical College | “Piv’s Essential Practice Drills”
- 3:50–4:50 p.m. | Gary Holquist, University of Minnesota, Duluth | “Zone Attack & Zone Sets”
- 4:50–5 p.m. | Wrap Up