Three Job Opportunities
Did you know that New Horizon, Just Kidding Around Daycare & Preschool, and Minnehaha United Methodist Church are hiring immediately! Are you looking for a position to correlate with your education?
*New Horizon in Burnsville is currently looking for full-time teachers for their Toddler and Preschool Rooms. You must be teacher qualified (two-year degree or enough credits to qualify for a teacher position.) They are looking to hire immediately! Interested? Please stop by (35E and County Road 11) or call Jody (director) at 952-431-1779.
*Just Kidding Around Daycare and Preschool is looking for full-time and part-time teachers and asst. teachers/aides. Farmington and Lakeville locations. Hiring immediately!
Teachers- To care for the children at this center. Plan and execute a curriculum for children to follow and learn. You are in charge of keeping order in the room you are assigned, making sure all cleaning responsibilities are being done, along with assisting in the cleaning itself. To make sure the markings are being made and are correct in the PDA. To comply with parent wishes for their children in your care, you are in charge of communication with the parents in your room. Teachers should also know and carry out rule 3, the parent manual and the employee manual. See attached sheet for duties assigned to each room. Teachers also must maintain CPR and First Aid training which is available on site.
Assistant Teachers/Aides-To assist teachers in caring for the children at this center. The children come first. You then share cleaning responsibilities and other classroom duties with the teachers.
Interested? Contact Kim Wessel 651-460-4922.
*Minnehaha United Methodist Church is looking to hire a Childcare Worker. Hiring immediately!
Primary Objective: To be the lead child care provider ensuring responsible, safe, and loving care for children in our Nursery during weekly Worship services and the possibility other special events and worship services.
- Provide primary child care on Sunday mornings and/or other times as arranged.
- Welcome children and their families, treating all with dignity and respect and creating trusting relationships.
- Engage children in developmentally appropriate activities.
- Become familiar with the Nursery, and its resources. Recommend improvements, changes and supply needs to the Coordinator of Children’s Ministries.
- Carry out Nursery and Safe Sanctuary policies.
- Help with the maintenance of a safe, nurturing, and stimulating nursery environment, including a clean room and clean, working toys and equipment.
- Maintain accurate registration and sign-in records.
Some Child Development / Early Childhood Education background and training (preferred)
- Experience working with young children and parents
- Have or obtain current certification in First Aid & Infant/Child CPR
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision, effective oral communication with both children and adults
- Work 48 Sundays a year with the option of 4 unpaid Sundays off, and to work additional times for extra pay.
- Arrive at least fifteen minutes before the service, and stay until fifteen minutes after, or until all children are picked up and the nursery is ready for the next time it is used.
- Sundays, September – May: 8:30am – 12:30pm
- Sundays, June – August: 8:30am – 12:00noon.
- Work with Coordinator of Children’s Ministries to ensure coverage, if not available, for other special events as requested and holiday services
- Hourly. $10/hour – Negotiable based on qualifications and experience.