Long-Term Sub Position: Toddler Teacher
Looking for a Rule 3 qualified toddler teacher to teach long-term while our teacher is out on maternity leave, from August 2012 to mid August 2013. Hours 9-6 M-F (closing shift). Daily lesson plans will be provided for the sub.
- Work in your own room with toddlers.
- Must be knowledgeable of child development.
- Be a skilled observer and record and maintain children’s progress records.
- Must be comfortable in doing parent/staff conferences 2 times a year.
- Qualified teacher needs to have experience working in a toddler room.
- Maintain good communication with children, parents & other staff.
- Energetic & creative & dependable & Organized & positive.
- Rule 3 qualified/knowledgeable of Rule 3 licensing regulations & center policies and procedures.
- Have experience in using the Creative Curriculum.
- Understand mandated child maltreatment duties.
- First Aid & CPR, shaken baby, SIDS, car seat safety & pass background study check – current.
- Be a team player.
- Able to follow directions and make good judgments.
- Supervise, assist & participate in all daily routines.
- Be able to lift & carry children.
- Maintain a fun, clean and rotating classroom.
- Prepare & assist with meals.
- Post weekly lesson plans.
- Interact with children and encourage their involvement in group activities.
- Gear teaching to the needs of the individual child.
- Work with all staff to solve problems, achieve goals, and respectfully communicate needs.
- Assist with special projects & duties.
- Assist in the evacuation of the building in an emergency.
- Attend workshops and in service trainings as required by the Department of Human Services and turn in copies of certificates of hours earned to be logged into your personal file.
Please forward a cover letter and resume by e-mail or send to:
Bev Wuollet, Director
Praise The Children Childcare Center
201 Hope Avenue
Jordan, MN 55352
Visit our website: www.praisethechildren.org