The Hallie Q. Brown Community Center, Inc. has a Teacher position open, as well as Assistant Teacher and Substitute Teacher. Hallie Q. Brown is a place to work if you care about helping others and giving back to the community. See position info below:
POSITION TITLE: Teacher
DEPT: Early Learning Center
SALARY GRADE: $10-12/hour
POSITION SUMMARY: Plans both long and short range activities for a particular classroom (age specific) in accordance with curriculum objectives, developmentally appropriate practice and program philosophy designed to meet the emotional, social, physical and cognitive needs of each child. Ensures that the classroom is appropriately staffed and maintained to provide a safe and secure environment for each child.
1. Maintains open communication with parents/guardians of the program participants regarding the developmental needs of the participants.
2. Supervises assistants, aides and volunteers in the classroom to ensure the provision of high quality childcare programming, including encouraging the assistants to contribute to curriculum planning.
3. Plans and supervises the arrangement of the classroom environment in accordance to program goals and philosophy.
4. Maintains a safe and healthy environment, including safely managing developmental activities for the participants.
5. Ensures that the nutritional needs of the Program participants are met while in attendance.
6. Prepares monthly plan charts
7. Maintains daily (regular) anecdotal records on participants’ progress. Completes a bi-annual assessment of children’s development and report progress of children to parents in bi-annual reports and through parent-teacher conferences.
8. Keeps all appropriate records such as records, attendance, time sheets and accident reports.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to work effectively with employees, colleagues and manager.
Agree to mandated child abuse reporting guidelines.
Ability to relate to children from diverse socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
Submit a resume, cover letter, references and salary requirements to:
Hallie Q. Brown Community Center
270 N. Kent Street
St. Paul, MN 55102