Experienced position available with the YWCA of Minneapolis
Thursday, June 2, 2011 | by
The YWCA of Minneapolis is seeking an Early Childhood Education Manager for its largest and most diverse accredited Early Childhood Education Center located in Downtown Minneapolis. The YWCA of Minneapolis believes all children deserves a high quality early childhood education. The YWCA Downtown Center has been identified as an Engaging Diverse Families exemplary program by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) – the nation’s leading organization of early childhood professionals. The YWCA Early Childhood Education program is one of only ten programs nationwide to receive this honor.
|YWCA of Minneapolis Job Posting
||Early Childhood Education Manager, FT (#059)
||$41,600 – $52,000
||Responsible for quality early childhood education service delivery in a multi-cultural program serving a high proportion of low-income families. Responsible for hiring and supervising a diverse staff. The position is also responsible for budget development and management, maintenance of a safe, sanitary environment, DHS rule 3 license and accreditation.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:Supervision of Staff:
- Hire, orient and provide overall supervision for qualified diverse staff including scheduling and performance evaluations.
- Directly supervise Coordinators, Lead Teachers, and Center Cook.
- Coach Lead Teachers on supervision of Assistants and Aides.
- Responsible for family communication, consultation, support and involvement.
Ensure smooth operation of child care center as described below:
- Oversee maintenance of enrollment, extensive family communication and family involvement.
- Supervise the development and implementation of developmentally appropriate ant-bias multi-cultural curriculum for each classroom.
- Foster classroom environments that are conducive to curriculum objectives.
- Oversee the assessment and provisions made for special needs services with identified children.
Handle overall site needs and all record keeping as describe below:
- Maintain health, safety, license USDA grants and accreditation standards and records.
- Develop, implement and monitor program budgets.
- Work with ECE accountant to ensure family authorizations are current and parent accounts are current.
- Participate on center, building and agency teams.
- Understand and interpret the YWCA mission to children, staff and families.
- Staying current and enforcing YWCA organizational and department policies and procedures consistently and fairly.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education or related field or equivalent educational experience (Bachelor’s Degree in an unrelated field and at least 60 credits in Early Childhood Education or Child Development) with at least 9 credits in administration, leadership, or management or a Director’s Credential.
- Minimum of two years experience as an early childhood classroom teacher.
- Minimum of one year experience working with a diverse population.
- Excellent human relations skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills—written, to write reports, business correspondence, and newsletter articles; verbal, effectively communicate persuasive sales presentation to individuals and groups.
- Excellent organization and project coordination skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as government funding regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to protect confidential information.
- Strong customer focus.
- Ability to work in teams and in an individual setting.
- Cultural competency skills.
- Strong problem-solving ability, including the ability to productively resolve conflict.
- Must be able to deal with ambiguity and have excellent management skills.
- Ability to speak a second language helpful, but not required.
- Must be able to work on computer for extended period of times.
- Employee is regularly required to talk or hear, stand, walk, sit, use hands to fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Frequently is required to climb or balance and taste or smell.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Frequently exposed to outside weather conditions and exposure to illness.
- Noise level in the work environment is frequently loud.
|Job Posting Dates
Send your transcripts and resumes and/or application to:
YWCA of Minneapolis
Attn: Human Resources
1130 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis, MN 55403