The Marketing and Sales Program offers the option for new students to transfer another college’s general education and technical electives into the program upon review and approval of staff. In addition, the program has agreements with four-year colleges and universities to accept DCTC credit upon transferring to select bachelor degrees.
Transferring Credits from DCTC
Transferring Credits to DCTC
Students wishing to transfer credits to Dakota County Technical College must:
- Complete the Admissions Checklist.
- Designate a major field of study.
- Arrange for previous college or colleges to send official transcript or transcripts directly to the DCTC Office of Admissions.
Official transcripts must be received in a sealed envelope. Hand delivered transcripts must arrive unopened with the official seal intact. Student copies and faxed transcripts are not considered official.
General Guidelines for Credit Transfer
- Transfer of credit will be considered for college level coursework completed at accredited institutions.
- Courses approved for transfer must be required by DCTC in the student’s major.
- Courses must be comparable in nature, content and level while matching at least 75 percent of DCTC course content and goals.
- Students may be asked to provide additional information such as course syllabus, course description, reading list and so forth to determine course comparability.
- Transfer credits need to have a grade of C- or higher to be considered for transfer.
- Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MTC) courses are an exception to this policy.
- See Transfer of MTC Courses below.
- Transfer credits do not affect the student’s grade point average (GPA) on DCTC transcript.
- The number of credits accepted will be recorded on the transcript and the specific DCTC course equivalencies will be recorded on the Degree Audit Report (DARS).
- Students dismissed from another institution for academic or disciplinary reasons will be given consideration for admission only after review.
- Students suspended from another institution will be eligible to enter DCTC after waiting one semester.
Unofficial Review Before Applying
- Contact Colleen Moser at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-423-8277 for an unofficial review of general education courses.
- Official transcripts are not necessary for an unofficial review, but will be required for final verification and transcription of transfer credits.